What is Energize?
Energize – the independent power and energy journal of Southern Africa – is a business-to-business journal published by EE Publishers, in print and on-line, eleven times a year, serving the electric power and energy sectors of Southern Africa.
Energize provides a voice for the IEEE SA Section, Cigré, the South African National Energy Association (SANEA), the South African Electrotechnical Export Council (SAEEC), and the Southern African Asset Management Association (SAAMA).
The target audience of Energize includes:
- The electrical power and energy sectors of Southern Africa in their widest context
- Engineering managers, power electrical engineers and electrical technologists
- Electricity supply utilities and municipal electricity distributors
- Large industrial electrical energy end-users
- Consultants, project managers and system integrators
- Suppliers of products, systems and services to these important sectors
Fields of interest
Energize covers all aspects of electric power and energy including:
- Renewable Energy
- Transmission and Distribution
Energize is available online at www.energize.co.za
Readers are also invited to subscribe to the monthly email newsletter by visiting our website.
Energize keeps readers abreast of technologies, developments, applications and news in the fields of electrical power and energy, by the publication of original, relevant, high quality articles, by expert authors, and provides a forum of communication for its readers, the wider industry and the public. Energize’s mission is to be the leading journal in the electrical power and energy sectors of southern Africa.
Statement of editorial policy
Energize publishes market-focused, relevant and topical technical and semi-technical articles by leading experts, in an easy-to-read format. Energize also reports news, events and details of relevance to the target audience, including industry, institute, company, project, product, technology, people and event news, views, comment and opinion. Energize aims to publish a sound mix of technical, semi-technical and industry news articles, as well as company and product news articles which are more commercial in nature.
- Roger Lilley – editor, email@example.com
- Clare van Zwieten BA Hons (Journ) – managing editor
- Mike Rycroft PrEng BScEng MSAIEE – features editor
- Mark Yelland, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cherish Steinmann, cherish.steinmann.ee.co.za
- Irene Blythe, email@example.com
The circulation of the print edition Energize is audited by the Audit Bureau of Circulation (ABC).
Energize is published ten times per annum and has an audited average monthly circulation of 4482 for the period ending June 2016.
As at October 2016, 5454 users have downloaded the Energize Android and Apple mobile App to receive the mobile electronic edition of Energize monthly.