What is EngineerIT?
EngineerIT is a business-to-business magazine, published by EE Publishers, in print and online, eleven times a year, focused on the business of science, engineering and related technologies. EngineerIT provides a voice for the Institute of Information Technology Professionals South Africa (ITTPSA), Wireless Access Providers Association (WAPA), BCS,The Chartered Institute for IT (Britain), the Information Technology Association (ITA), the IEEE SA Section, the National Laboratory Association (NLA), the National Metrology Institute of South Africa (NMISA), the South African National Accreditation System (SANAS), the South African Council for Automation and Control (SACAC/IFAC), The Society for Automation, Instrumentation, Measurement and Control (SAIMC), the Telkom Society of Engineers (TSE), Fibre to the Home (FTTH) Council Africa, Copper Development Association Africa, Association of Representatives for the Electronics Industry (AREI) and the South African Electrotechnical Export Council (SAEEC).
The target audience of EngineerIT includes:
- The engineering sectors in their widest context, including computer, software, information, communications, process, manufacturing, industrial, electronics, electromechanical, mining, construction, civil, chemical, industrial and medical
- Executives, officials, managers, academics, researchers, designers, developers, engineers, technologists and technicians in the public and private sectors in these fields
- System integrators, project managers and consultants in the public and private sectors in these fields
- Manufacturers, marketers and suppliers of products, systems and services to these important sectors
Fields of interest
- Information and communication technology (ICT), including telecommunications, networking, broadcasting, computing and software
- Electronics design, manufacture, test and components
- Measurement and instrumentation
- Automation and control
- Amateur radio, aerospace technology and astronomy
EngineerIT is available online at www.engineerit.co.za. Readers are also invited to subscribe to the monthly email newsletter by visiting our website.
EngineerIT’s mission is to be the leading magazine in its field, providing a valued forum of communication for its readers, keeping them abreast of developments, news, views and opinion on the techniques and application of electronic, information and communication technologies in all aspects of engineering for economic, business and social development.
Statement of editorial policy
EngineerIT publishes market-focused, relevant and topical technical and semi-technical articles by leading experts, in an easy-to-read format. EngineerIT also reports news, events and details of relevance to the target audience, including industry, institute, company, project, product, technology, people and event news, views, comment and opinion. EngineerIT aims to publish a sound mix of technical, semi-technical and industry news articles, as well as company and product news articles that are more commercial in nature.
- Annette Thompson BCom – editor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clare van Zwieten BA Hons (Journ) – managing editor
- Hans van de Groenendaal MEng (Honoris Causa) – features editor
- Elri Klee, email@example.com
- Prudence Tlhomelang, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Irene Blythe, email@example.com
The circulation of the print edition EngineerIT is audited by the Audit Bureau of Circulation (ABC).
EngineerIT is published eleven times per annum and has an audited average monthly circulation of 4938 for the period ending June 2016.
As at October 2016, 6426 users have downloaded the EngineerIT Android and Apple mobile App to receive the mobile electronic edition of EngineerIT monthly.