What is PositionIT?
PositionIT – the geoinformatics, surveying, GIS, mapping, location intelligence and related spatial applications journal for Southern Africa – is a technical journal published by EE Publishers, in print and online, ten times a year, serving these sectors and the wider target audience in Southern Africa.
PositionIT provides a voice for the Geo-Information Society of South Africa (GISSA), the South African Geomatics Institute (SAGI), the Institute of Mine Surveyors of Southern Africa (IMSSA), and the South African Geomatics Council, the statutory registration body for surveyors and GIS practitioners.
The target audience of PositionIT includes:
- Land surveyors, mine surveyors, engineering surveyors, hydrographers, and remote sensing professionals
- GIS and geoinformatics practitioners and specialists
- Cartographers, mappers and photogrammetrists
- Civil, consulting, construction, mechanical, and electrical engineers, technologists and technicians
- Surveying, GIS, engineering and business consultants in the public and private sectors
- Electricity, water, gas and telecomms utilities and municipalities
- Business analysts, city planners, township and infrastructure developers
- Central, provincial and local government GIS professionals, engineers, planners and surveyors.
- Suppliers and users of products, systems and services to these important sectors
Fields of interest
The main fields of interest covered in PositionIT are:
- Surveying and remote sensing, and associated data acquisition products, systems, services and applications
- Geographic information systems (GIS), data processing and associated products, systems, services and applications
- Cartography, mapping, data visualisation and presentation products, systems, services and applications
- Location based services (LBS), location intelligence, business geo-analysis and associated applications
- Navigation and guidance technology and systems for business, civilian, and military applications
- Associated computer and IT hardware, software and peripherals
PositionIT is available online at www.positionit.co.za Readers are also invited to subscribe to the monthly email newsletter by visiting our website.
PositionIT keeps its target audience abreast of technologies, developments, applications and news in their fields of interest, via the publication of original, relevant, high-quality articles, by expert authors, and provides a communication forum for its target audience in Southern Africa. PositionIT’s mission is to be the leading journal in its chosen sector.
- Clare van Zwieten BA Hons (Journ) – editor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pierre Potgieter BJourn – assistant editor, email@example.com
- Nat-Lee van Rooyen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vinia Phogole, email@example.com
- Irene Blythe, firstname.lastname@example.org
The circulation of the print edition PositionIT is audited by the Audit Bureau of Circulation (ABC).
PositionIT is published ten times per annum and has an audited average monthly circulation of 4722 for the period ending June 2016.
As at October 2016, 2179 users have downloaded the PositionIT Android and Apple mobile App to receive the mobile electronic edition of PositionIT monthly.