What is Vector?
Vector – journal of the Electrical Contractors Association (ECA), the Institution of Certificated Mechanical and Electrical Engineers (ICMEESA), and the Illumination Engineering Society of Southern Africa (IESSA) – is a technical journal published by EE Publishers, in print and on-line, eleven times a year, serving ECA, ICMEESA and IESSA members, as well as the wider target audience in Southern Africa, in their fields of interest. Vector also provides a voice for the SA Flameproof Association (SAFA), the South African Electrotechnical Export Council (SAEEC), the SA Association of Energy Efficiency (SAEE), the Copper Development Association Africa and Electrobase.
The target audience of Vector includes:
- Construction companies and contractors
- Electrical and mechanical certificated engineers, technologists, technicians and artisans
- Lighting practitioners
- Mine, factory, production, automation and maintenance managers and personnel
- Suppliers of products, systems and services to these important sectors
- Electrical and mechanical consulting engineers and architects
Fields of interest
The main fields of interest covered in Vector are:
- Lighting design & application
- Switchgear & drives
- Mechanical technology
- Construction, installations & contracting
Vector is available online at www.vector.co.za.
Readers are also invited to subscribe to the monthly email newsletter by visiting our website.
Vector keeps its target audience abreast of technologies, developments, applications and news in their fields of interest, by the publication of original, relevant, high-quality articles by expert authors, and provides a forum of communication for its target audience in southern Africa. Vector’s mission is to be the leading journal in its chosen sector.
Statement of editorial policy
Vector publishes market-focused, relevant and topical technical and semi-technical articles of a practical and hands-on nature, presented in a lively, attractive and easy-to-read format. Vector also reports news, events and details of relevance to its target audience, including industry, institute, company, project, product, technology, people and event news, views, comment and opinion. Vector aims to publish a sound mix of technical, semi-technical and industry news articles, as well as company and product news articles that are more commercial in nature.
- Mark Botha BA, editor – email@example.com
- Clare van Zwieten BA Hons (Journ), managing editor – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Centaine O’Reilly, email@example.com
- Elaine Bell, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Irene Blythe, email@example.com
The circulation of the print edition Vector is audited by the Audit Bureau of Circulation (ABC).
Vector is published ten times per annum and has an audited average monthly circulation of 4512 for the period ending June 2016.
As at October 2016, 3484 users have downloaded the Vector Android and Apple mobile App to receive the mobile electronic edition of Vector monthly.